Warehouses Management System Malaysia: Essential WMS Features For Wholesale Distribution To Look For Today
At the end of the day, you as a good distributor is to always ensure customer satisfaction by delivering the correct orders to the right customers at the right time. However, achieving this can be challenging without the right tool - warehouse management system.
A WMS for wholesale distribution centralizes data, automates business workflow, and gives full data visibility, leading your business to increased productivity, healthier financial status, and accurate financial forecasting.
Investing in a robust WMS that aligns with Malaysia's business nature is crucial. With numerous ERP vendors claiming to be the best for warehouse management, choosing the right WMS solution can be like finding a needle in a haystack.
To simplify your decision-making process, we have created a handy checklist to help you find the best WMS in Malaysia that meets your specific wholesale distribution business needs.
16 Essential Features of Warehouse Management System (WMS) for Wholesale Distribution in Malaysia
There are so many warehouse management systems (WMS) for wholesale distribution available in the Malaysian market.
And, you need the right inventory management system to improve inventory management and inventory control which are the lifeblood of wholesale and distribution industries.
Here are the 18 must-have warehouse management system features you would need, from purchase and inventory to sales and CRM to accounting and invoicing.
- Efficiently manage and monitor multiple warehouses while keeping real-time track of inventory levels across various locations, all within a single platform of WMS ERP.
- Enable accurate inventory reception and delivery with a barcode scanner integrated into WMS ERP, reducing human errors and time wasted from manual data entry.
- Exactly locate where your inventories are at every stage of warehouse management, from receipt to storage, all the way to delivery by assigning serial/lot numbers to each raw material or product.
- Issue complete, professional quotations with correct details to customers within seconds with a quotation template in Sales Management System.
- Ensure on-time stock delivery by providing real-time customer order status throughout the entire warehouse management process, from order placement to delivery.
- Gives your customers the ability to track their order shipment status anytime with self-service customer portals, leading to a reduction in the workload of customer service agents.
- Mitigate the risk of stockout and overstock issues entirely by replenishing the inventories automatically in WMS whenever that particular inventories fall below the minimum threshold.
- Prevent any procurement fraud in warehouse management by setting up an automated approval request system that forwards orders exceeding the minimum amount to senior management for review.
- Collaborate with the best vendors through WMS purchase tenders, comparing the price, delivery lead times, and product quality effectively.
- Ensure timely payment by keeping track of the status of invoices in real time and utilizing automated follow-up processes in warehouse management.
- Define the value of inventories accurately at the end of the accounting period by using automated inventory valuation methods (Standard price, FIFO, and average costing method) of WMS.
- Forecast your inventory levels in your warehouse from accurate and up-to-date reports displayed on a real-time dashboard to purchase the right inventory with the right quantities at the right time.
- Ensure secure payments effectively by giving customers multiple choices of payment gateways (credit cards and online payment) in WMS.
- Increase overall warehouse management productivity and efficiency by accessing real-time inventory data with mobile-friendly WMS ERP.
- Schedule a call or meetings with customers to follow up with them, improving the customer relationship significantly.
- Keeping historic data in log notes as reference improves team communication, and helps the teams easily pick up where you left off for the next follow-up action.
WMS Malaysia implementation could be a huge investment. But, WMS ERP is a must for wholesale distribution to thrive in today’s competitive marketplace.
At Onnet Consulting, we understand every business is unique, and one-size-fits-all WMS ERP software just won’t cut it. That’s why our expert teams are dedicated to giving a solution tailored to your specific business needs.
Don’t let WMS ERP implementation stress you out, let us help you find the perfect solution for your business. Talk to our experts today and let’s take your business to the next level in wholesale distribution industry...